Romance in Our House?

wedding copyAfter of marriage, we still tick along happily. Romance in our house isn’t flowers, and sexy lingerie, (it doesn’t suit him), it is the little things in life that got us through uphill struggles. Hubby isn’t a huge romantic but is a loving man.

Today, is our 34th Wedding Anniversary, and I received a set of renewed vows. Reassuring me, he will be there for our next journey and adventure in the UK. That he will be beside me as we leave eight years of memories, (and sunshine), and that he undseren and userstands my need to return, to care for family, to be among them again. He wants that, too. He knows I will be standing by his side, supporting him when he falters. That is romance, and the answer to our long marriage.

Advertisements

About Glynis Smy

I live in the UK, in the seaside town of, Dovercourt~Harwich, where I enjoy writing novels. I've written historical romance/suspense, Medical romance and my latest WIP is in the crime genre. The Victorian era fascinates me and the best part of writing a novel is often the research. Proud writing moments in my life: Shortlisted for Festival of Romance Fiction 2014 New Talent Award Reaching second round of Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award 2014 Maggie's Child: reached #1 Amazon best-seller: Historical Romance Victorian /February 2014/ebook & book paid list. May 2014 #3 Historical Romance Victorian, and #25 in Historical Romance paid top 100 best-seller list. Top 100 in three categories on Amazon UK best-seller listings in 2015. Seeing my books in a Suffolk (UK), library. Over the years I've written short stories in a variety of genres. I've also won a few poetry contests, my first was at the age of twelve, (a poem about the Bangladeshi war). I also won a children's short story competition where the prize was a first-aid box, I was so proud but my husband found it amusing because we owned two pharmacies. My articles have been published in magazines both in the UK and Cyprus. I am also featured in various places on-line. When I am not writing, I enjoy making greetings cards, Cross Stitch, fishing and the company of my little granddaughters.
This entry was posted in Family, Life, Love, Romance and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Romance in Our House?

1. jakill says:

That is truly romantic, Glynis. Congratulations on your 34th anniversary.

2. That picture also says a lot. Congratulations.

For me, it’s about family and dedicating yourselves to working things through rather than giving up. It’s about having the maturity to see past the small issues and working on the big ones. I will be married 41 years in August and have just been blessed with out first grandchild.

• Glynis Smy says:

Congratulations on the grandchild, Yvonne. The little one (19m), in pic is our first. A special time in our lives, and we need to be there with her. So excited about making real-life memories instead of skype ones!

Never giving up, and never going to bed with a grudge, that is our recipe. πŸ™‚

• Thank you. We’re lucky enough to be only (yeah, right) a 2 1/2 hour drive from ours so we can see him fairly regularly. Skype fills in in between. We won’t be so lucky with our daughter who just got engaged. She’s a flight away half way across the country. Sigh.

As for going to bed without a grudge – we do our best. I can’t say we ALWAYS succeed. πŸ™‚ It certainly helps.

• Glynis Smy says:

Having been thousands of miles away from my children for eight years, I am happy to give up sunshine for a cuppa and chat! πŸ™‚

3. You say he isn’t a huge romantic. I think that gesture is incredibly romantic and meaningful. Happy anniversary Glynis x

4. jadereyner says:

Beautiful pictures, beautiful memories and beautiful words. I can imagine that the decision to leave your life behind and head back to the UK has not been taken lightly and to have a husband as supportive as yours obviously is, is what keeps us all going. Wishing you a great anniversary and I hope that you enjoy your life back here in the chilly old UK. πŸ™‚ PS. You’ll probably need to stock up on jumpers!

• Glynis Smy says:

Jade, thank you for your comment. We support each other as best we can. We are used to very cold winters here in the hills, so will adapt. However, the daily sunshine will be missed as my washing dries in seconds. πŸ™‚

5. A wonderful post, Glynis – the underwear comment made me giggle, lovely pictures and memories. Belated anniversary wishes x

6. Loribeth says:

Congratulations on your anniversary and romance in all it’s forms!

7. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Speak To Me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s