Free Gift For You: Maggie’s Child

Today I am giving away the ebook of one of my books. I am celebrating returning home to the UK to be with my children, (well, my girls as my boy lives in Canada), anyway, I decided to offer a gift to my readers around the world to celebrate family life. Maggie has a hard life, and one child is very special to her, so I offer you this as the free gift.

Quick, today only, spread the word! MAGGIE’S CHILD FREE GIFT AT AMAZON (LINK TO ALL COUNTRIES)

cover-proposal

When farmer’s wife Maggie Sawbury gives birth to her fifth child, the only one that has lived and the result of an extra-marital affair, she is heartbroken and desperate. Maggie knows her joyless life with a bully of a husband is not one a child should endure, and she leaves the baby at the roadside to be found by passers-by.

Her money-driven husband announces he has found her another job in the village of Redgrave, aside from the many tasks she has on Windtop farm. He is totally unaware the position comes with a secret. One that frightens and yet brings joy to Maggie. She is to become wet-nurse to her abandoned child.

Love, and the possibility of incest, threaten to open old wounds, and Maggie has several decisions to make. However, will they be the right ones? If she tells all she knows, it will bring about the destruction of three families. Equally, her silence could be just as destructive. She shares her secret with another, the result changes her life, and a death brings with it more secrets. Will Maggie stay or will she walk away and find the love she craves?

Advertisements

About Glynis Peters

I write Historical saga style novels featuring mystery and romantic twists. My debut with HarperCollins/HarperImpulse is, The Secret Orphan. I live in the UK, in a coastal town in Essex. When I am not writing, I enjoy making greetings cards, Cross Stitch, fishing and the company of my little granddaughters. I also write Victorian novels under my own name, Glynis Smy,
This entry was posted in Books, Family, Life, Love, Romance, Writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Free Gift For You: Maggie’s Child

1. carolewyer says:

This is very generous of you and I shall get my copy as soon as I get home, Glynis. Nothing is more important than family so let me be the first to say “Welcome home!”

2. joskehan says:

Thank you for the free copy…Looking forward to reading it. xx

3. jadereyner says:

What a lovely idea, I shall try to download this later on. Good luck with the move. πŸ™‚

4. hilarymb says:

Hi Glynis .. I’m so looking forward to reading Maggie’s Child – great you’re offering it out … I will settle and do some reading ..

Good luck with the move back … cheers Hilary

5. Simi says:

Thanks for the chance. I would love to read your book. Will you kindly send it to my id (chatterjee.simi@rediffmail.com) please as I don’t have an Amazon account?

• Glynis Smy says:

Simi, I will hunt out the file, as I am not adding it to Smashwords, and I know you use that site. None of my books will be uploaded there again. I will gift you the book as a one off but any others will have to be downloaded via Amazon to keep my figures accurate. I am sure you understand. HUGE, THANKS, for enjoying my books, and hope you love Maggie. πŸ™‚ β™₯

6. This is what I get for being behind in my reading! I trust it went well, Glynis!

7. People normally pay me for this and you are giving it away!

Speak To Me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s