While sniffling under the covers I thought about where I had come in a year in the UK. Yes, it will be a year this week when we moved home again. Anyway, I thought about my journey as a writer within that year.
Within the past year:
- my book sales increased far more than I ever imagined.
- my fan list increased at an incredible rate
- I gained new writing friends and have been able to meet them face-to-face.
- I’ve met folk from the publishing world and enjoyed conversations in the flesh.
- I joined new writing associations and have writing memberships
- I found courage to put my work out to places I never dreamed of when living abroad.
- I attended book launches, lunches and fairs for the first time.
- Maggie’s Child reached #1, #3 in Victorian romance category, and #25 in paid best-seller list in the UK. It also got through into a second round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award.
In one year I have grown as a writer and I can say I have no regrets returning to the UK. Bring on year two!